Marketing Specialist (closed)
🙏 We found someone for this role, but wanted to leave this post up in case others found it helpful as a template.
We’re a SaaS company whose mission is to help non-technical entrepreneurs build a sustainable membership business anywhere on the internet.
We’re looking for a marketing specialist to help with our content marketing, social media, and community building.
We’re focused on ethical marketing that respects people’s privacy and data. We want to continue growing organically without spending money on ads.
We're not looking for a ‘growth hacker’ and do NOT want to pursue growth at all costs. We subscribe to the Company of One mindset.
You’ll work with our Head of Marketing to execute our marketing strategy and plans. You’ll be responsible for coordinating the following day-to-day activities:
1) Content Marketing:
You’ll handle our content planning, publishing, and promotion by:
- Developing and maintaining our blog & podcast content calendars
- Editing and publishing new blog posts, tutorials, and podcast episodes
- Researching, contacting and booking guests for our podcast
2) Social Media
You’ll maintain our social media presence and increase organic engagement by:
- Planing, creating and publish useful posts across our social channels
- Participating in communities and groups by adding value to conversations
- Monitoring and responding to conversations when MemberSpace is mentioned
3) Community Building
You’ll help with our community building initiatives by:
- Monitoring our private community and adding value for our customers
- Planning and launching initiatives that increase community engagement
- Building relationships with customers, partners, and influencers
Our ideal candidate will have the following experience and skills:
- You have 2+ years of experience working in a similar type of online marketing role, ideally for SaaS/software company.
- You have excellent communication and writing skills. You should be able to write great emails, strong headlines, engaging social media posts, etc.
- You are energetic and love starting friendly and engaging conversations on social media/community platforms and are excited to build relationships.
- You are a highly skilled social media manager who has experience increasing engagement on platforms such as Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, etc.
- You’re an extrovert who relishes connecting with people, and you love spending your time on social media platforms 24/7 (figurately, not literally)
- You have excellent time management and organization skills. And you’re motivated to keep growing as a marketer.
- You are based in the United States (ideally US Pacific time)
The following skills would be a great asset:
- You know basic HTML or Markdown for publishing content via Jekyll
- You can create social media images using design tools like Canva or Snappa
- You have a basic knowledge of SEO
We’re willing to pay competitively for the right person - based on experience. So when you apply, let us know what you think would be a reasonable rate.
The position is 100% remote, and you can work from anywhere with an internet connection. But we do need you to be able to work within US hours.
We mostly communicate asynchronously and have very few meetings. We want you to be able to focus on doing your best work without constant interruptions.
This is a 20-hours per week contract position (100% remote).
How to Apply
To apply, please fill out this form