MemberSpace is looking for a Support Representative
✍️ Ward Sandler
🗓 January 28, 2021
MemberSpace is a software-as-a-service (SaaS) company whose mission is to help non-technical entrepreneurs build a sustainable membership business anywhere on the internet.
Starting a business is hard, especially for those that are less tech-literate. Therefore, our team focuses heavily on customer support and being empathetic to anyone who contacts us. This value is deep in our roots as a business and something we've emphasized since day one 🤗.
We're looking for a full-time employee or part-time contractor to be our newest Customer Support representative. Our company works 100% remotely and our business hours are 10am to 6pm ET, Monday to Friday. We'll discuss which hours you'll be working as part of your interview.
Down the road, we would like to extend our support hours and have this person working a 4pm to 10pm ET shift. Please only apply if you're willing to eventually work a 4pm to 10pm ET shift Monday to Friday. By that point we plan to have another Support rep so you won't be alone 😉.
You’ll work closely with our existing Support team (Roger, Jen, and Chelsea) along with our CEO, Ward. You'll be training for the first four weeks and on week 5 you should be able to handle most support questions. Our team will always be here to collaborate and help you day-to-day with anything you need.
You’ll be responsible for the following:
- You'll be expected to respond to various emails that come to our Support team (from customers and non-customers).
- We try to respond in under 30 minutes to every email.
- You'll be creating screenshots and screen-capture videos as needed to help answer people's questions.
Importing New Customers
- Help customers set up and run imports of members via a Google Sheet template.
- Help customers migrate billing details from Stripe if possible.
Collaborating With The Team
- You'll be expected to give detailed feedback on various new feature ideas and enhancements. Our Support team has the closest contact with customers so we highly value their opinions on what to build (and not build) next.
- You'll be expected to come up with ideas and improvements for the Support team's processes and systems. We encourage a culture of innovation and constant improvement at MemberSpace - we want everyone on the team to participate.
- Experience working in a similar role, ideally for a SaaS/software company.
- You have excellent communication and writing skills. You should be able to write clear and concise emails while also having an empathetic and friendly tone. Additionally, you'll need to be very thoughtful in your writing when communicating with our team to avoid potential miscommunication.
- You are energetic and like starting friendly and engaging conversations with people.
- You own a modern laptop or desktop computer (< 8 years old), ideally an Apple.
- You are comfortable working with and learning software.
- You know basic HTML & CSS (nice to have, not required).
- You are based in the United States.
Pay & Benefits
- If you have experience in Customer Support we'll consider hiring you as a full-time employee right away which would include at least a $50K salary and benefits. You'll be expected to work about 40 hours/week.
- If you don't have experience in Customer Support, we'll hire you as a part-time contractor at first and pay you a flat amount of $2,800 monthly. We won't be tracking hours, but you'll be expected to work 20 hours/week. This equals about $35/hour. As a part-time contractor, you can take up to 10 paid days off per year.
- The position is 100% remote, and you can work from anywhere with an internet connection.
- We do need you to be able to work within our 10am to 6pm ET hours. Eventually we plan to have you working a 4pm to 10pm ET shift.
- We mostly communicate asynchronously and have very few meetings. We want you to be able to focus on doing your best work without constant interruptions.