Senior Rails Developer
Who We Are
MemberSpace is a software-as-a-service (SaaS) company whose mission is to help non-technical entrepreneurs build a sustainable membership business anywhere on the internet.
Starting a business is hard, especially for those that are less tech-literate. Therefore, our team focuses heavily on customer support and being empathetic to anyone who contacts us. This value is deep in our roots as a business and something we've emphasized since day one 🤗.
Here's more about our team and story.
We are looking for a Senior Ruby on Rails developer to join our technical team. We're expecting you to give a full-time effort (around 30-40 hours/week) working on MemberSpace.
We pride ourselves on being a low-stress and calm company.
We have a structured but still flexible development process. Features and enhancements are first presented as pitches by anyone on the team. A pitch is a thought through write up where you explain the problem, your solution, the estimated time scope, and any rabbit holes.
All members of the team are encouraged to think about the strategic direction of the product and pitch ideas to the rest of the team.
The CEO and CTO eventually decide which handful of pitches to work on next. Each member of the development team can then pick out which of the selected pitches they want to tackle (either by themselves or in a small group).
We follow a testing first, Github flow PR strategy where all pushes are automatically run through a CI build server. Most communication happens in Basecamp with PR specific communication happening in Github.
You'll own your features and bug fixes from start to completion, including design, implementation, testing, and deployment to our testing and production pipelines. This may require collaborating with your peers on the support team or working with a 3rd party integration.
We are looking for someone who likes to spend most of the day solving problems with code but can also contribute to the bigger goals of the business.
- Ruby on Rails
- React & ES6
- We are a mostly asynchronous company, so you'll need to be able to write and communicate very clearly
- A strong background in Ruby on Rails
- Experience developing applications from the ground up
- Experience with and a preference for full end-to-end integration and unit testing
- Based in the United States, but you can work from anywhere
- You want to work on major aspects of product functionality from back-end systems all of the way through to the user interface (i.e. full-stack)
Why you might want to work with us
- Our company works 100% remotely
- We do an annual 10% profit sharing with no cap (we're bootstrapped and profitable)
- Our business hours are 10am to 6pm ET, Monday to Friday
- We are a low-stress and calm company
- We have very few meetings
- We encourage you to take multiple breaks during the day and not work more than 40 hours a week so you can stay balanced and sustainable
- We have a friendly team who are all kind people and treat each other with respect
Why you might not want to work with us
- We're still a small company (15 people total) so there won't be as much structure and process as there are at larger companies
- We want everyone on the team to help us innovate and create better systems for the company
- You'll need to a self-starter and bring ideas to us. Of course we'll give you tasks, but a lot of your job will involve you telling us what you think needs to be improved and worked on.
Hiring and Onboarding
- You will not need to do any type of puzzle or test project
- Once you're hired you'll follow our simple onboarding process
- A current member of our Dev team will be your onboarding buddy :) and do daily Zoom check-ins for the first week or so along with regular pairs to get you up to speed
Pay & Benefits
- Salary will range between $100,000 - $120,000 based on experience
- 10% profit sharing with no cap (we're bootstrapped and profitable)
- Fully paid health, dental, and vision coverage
- Unlimited vacation policy, 20 day minimum
- Read about all our benefits here
How To Apply
Please fill out this form (you must be based in the United States)