Who We Are
MemberSpace is a software-as-a-service (SaaS) company whose mission is to help non-technical entrepreneurs build a sustainable membership business anywhere on the internet.
Starting a business is hard, especially for those that are less tech-literate. Therefore, our team focuses heavily on customer support and being empathetic to anyone who contacts us. This value is deep in our roots as a business and something we've emphasized since day one 🤗.
We're looking for a full-time contractor to be our newest Customer Support representative. You will be working 10am to 6pm ET Monday to Friday (40 hours).
Eventually, after we're both comfortable working together, we would like to make you an official employee!
You’ll work closely with our existing Support team (Roger, Jen, and Chelsea) along with our CEO, Ward. You'll be training for the first four weeks and on week 5 you should be able to handle most support questions. Our team will always be here to collaborate and help you day-to-day with anything you need.
You’ll be responsible for the following:
- You'll be expected to respond to various emails that come to our Support team (from customers and non-customers).
- We try to respond in under 30 minutes to every email.
- You'll be creating screenshots and screen-capture videos as needed to help answer people's questions.
- Help customers set up and run imports of members via a Google Sheet template.
- Help customers migrate billing details from Stripe if possible.
- You'll be expected to give detailed feedback on various new feature ideas and enhancements. Our Support team has the closest contact with customers so we highly value their opinions on what to build (and not build) next.
- You'll be expected to come up with ideas and improvements for the Support team's processes and systems. We encourage a culture of innovation and constant improvement at MemberSpace - we want everyone on the team to participate.
- Experience working in customer support at a SaaS company.
- You have excellent communication and writing skills. You should be able to write clear and concise emails while also having an empathetic and friendly tone. Additionally, you'll need to be very thoughtful in your writing when communicating with our team to avoid potential miscommunication.
- You are energetic and like starting friendly and engaging conversations with people.
- You own a modern laptop or desktop computer (< 8 years old), ideally an Apple.
- You know basic HTML & CSS (nice to have, but not a deal breaker).
- You are a United States citizen.
Pay & Benefits
- $4,200 per month, on a month-to-month contract (paid bi-weekly). If we decide to hire you as a full-time employee the starting salary will be at least $50,000/year and here are our benefits.
- As a contractor you can take time off as needed (within reason), you'll just need to give us a heads up ahead of time.
- The position is 100% remote, and you can work from anywhere with an internet connection.
- We mostly communicate asynchronously and have very few meetings. We want you to be able to focus on doing your best work without constant interruptions.