Frequently Asked Questions
What is GDPR?
Here is the EU's official website: https://www.eugdpr.org. But here is a helpful article which explains each part of the regulation in plain english that a non-lawyer can understand :)
Basically the GDPR law is a replacement for the 1995 Data Protection Directive. GDPR will significantly strengthen a number of rights for individuals (e.g. demand companies reveal or delete their personal data). The penalty for non compliance is a maximum fine is €20m or 4% of the company's global turnover (whichever is higher).
Who does this affect?
Any business which processes personally identifiable information (PII) of data subjects inside the European Union. PII is information that can be used to identify, contact, or locate a single person, or to identify an individual in context (reference) such as their email address or full name.
What has MemberSpace done to comply with GDPR?
Here are some of the steps we've taken:
- You can request updates or deletion of you or your customer's data (DSR) whenever you want here.
- We have a publicly available list of 3rd party subprocessors we share data with.
- We launched an enhancement to our MailChimp integration so you can get explicit consent for people to join your email list.
- We have added a Privacy & GDPR section to our help center. Here we detail the tools we provide you to help facilitate your own GDPR compliance.
- All of our employees/contractors have signed an NDA to keep you and your member's data private and secure.
- We are compliant with Privacy Shield.
I have questions, who do I contact?
If you have any questions about our security or GDPR compliance please get in touch via email at email@example.com.